What Compensation Am I Entitled to in a Personal Injury Case?

Injury Attorney Serving Boca Raton, Ft. Lauderdale, Boynton Beach, Palm Beach County & nearby areas of Florida.

VIDEO TRANSCRIPT: Hello, I’m Eric Canter, and when I sit down with clients, they ask me: Well, what type of financial compensation am I entitled to for my personal injury case? Well, you’re entitled to a couple different elements. You’re entitled to economic damages and you’re entitled to noneconomic damages. Your economic damages are going to include your medical expenses. The medical expenses that you’ve incurred from your accident both in the past as well as what you may incur into the future. Other elements of economic damages include your wages. Your lost time from work in the past, and your future loss of earning capacity down the line—a year from now, two years from now, even ten years from now. Those are your elements of economic damages.

Your noneconomic damages are your pain and suffering damages. And that’s what we all hear about on the news and in the paper, and we read about online. Your pain and suffering damages you incur for the loss of enjoyment of life—your pain and suffering. The inability for you to live your life in the same way as you were able to before the accident took place, and you get those damages both in the past as well as for the future—a year from now, five years from now, 20 years from now. Those are the elements of damages for your personal injury case.

So, if you have questions about your personal injury case and the damages that you’ve sustained, contact me. I’ll be more than happy to talk to you about it and give you honest, personal, direct answers about your case. You can reach me locally at 561-447-4500 or toll-free at 800-830-8386. I’ll be more than happy to talk to you about your case, and I’ll look forward to hearing from you.